Subbing last year was quite an education. I enjoyed it most days. There are advantages and disadvantages though to subbing.
- You can take some days off whenever you choose
- You see a variety of ages and a variety of teachers' classrooms
- You don't have to plan or take work home
- Unless you are able to pre-arrange your days with a teacher, you won't know where you are going to be until early morning
- There may or may not be adequate lesson plans
- The pay is not so great
In all I believe it was a good experience for me, but I will not be returning to sub again next year.
Why, you ask?
I accepted a position teaching middle school students at a private school this year.
I am excited and somewhat overwhelmed.
What are you doing this year?