May 24, 2014

A Teacher's Prayer

I saw this prayer poem framed and sitting on a shelf behind a middle school teacher's desk the other day.  I would think it is a good reminder throughout the day to keep the teacher's attitude correct.



Dear Father, hear me as I pray, 
for ever child that I teach today.
That each small face may be to me
A cherished photograph of thee. 

With patient sweetness let me guide
Each precious soul with love and pride.
That when I make a record sheet
No space may be left incomplete. 

Then grant me grace, each mind to give
A clear-marked rule by which to live. 
And they, dear Father, I beseech
That I may keep the rules I teach. 

Author Unknown                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to write one. Thanks for stopping by!