January 26, 2010

Calling from Hawaii



I received a phone call this afternoon as my class was preparing to dismiss for the day.  It is not unusual to get a call at this time.  Someone may be leaving in a different way, someone may have to leave a little early, there is always something the office needs to let me know.

But today's phone call was different.  It was my Korean student who left last week!  Her family decided to return to Korea via a side trip to Hawaii.  Miss Pink Glasses was calling me from Honolulu to say hello.  She misses us.  She misses me.  And I miss her.  She told me that she spent the last couple of days at Waikiki Beach. She told me it was beautiful there and it was warm.   I told her here it had snowed earlier in the morning.    Her family is leaving tomorrow to make the last leg of their trip to Korea.

It was so nice to hear from her.  I hope she will transition well back to her Korean life when she gets home. 

Miss Pink Glasses will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to write one. Thanks for stopping by!