March 27, 2010

ELL Grant

I heard that I was accepted to be a part of the English Language Learner Certification Cohort Grant that I applied to a couple months ago.  This involves 21 hours of college credit, every Saturday for a year, and the cost of textbooks & incidentals.  It will culminate with a K-12 certification in ESL. 

I'm hoping that it will be another handy tool in my toolbox to meet the diverse needs of my learners, and that it will open any doors that may need to be opened in the future of my employment. 

A bonus is that another colleague of mine who works at my school also was accepted, so we can collaborate together or metaphorically run down the hall with a question if needed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to write one. Thanks for stopping by!