January 25, 2014

A Sweet Surprise

I met my cousin for an early dinner at the local bread company Friday afternoon.  The young manager behind the counter greeted us enthusiastically as we approached. I gave him a second glance and realized that I knew him!  That was why we got the enthusiastic greeting.  He is one of my former students.  He came around and gave me a hug and we had some small talk before I ordered my dinner.

It makes me proud to see my students doing well.

Before I left to go home, I stopped back at the counter to pick up a couple of muffins for the weekend and gave my order to the girl behind the counter.  The manager, my former student, happened to walk back to that area and he told the gal-- "She was my 5th grade teacher!"  

Mercy!  I feel old.  But I also feel proud.


Have you had a chance run-in with a former student or former teacher?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to write one. Thanks for stopping by!